Monday, March 28, 2011

Stuffed Chicken Breasts and Garlic Green Beans


The stuffing for the chicken breast consists of bacon, crumbled feta cheese, and tomatoes. I mixed those ingredients well with a pinch of salt in a bowl and deemed the stuffing ready to go.
I then sliced the chicken breasts down one of the sides to make a kind of pouch out of the chicken breast and filled them with a tablespoon or so of the stuffing and sealed the opening closed with a toothpick.
Then I prepared an oven safe pan with enough oil to coat the bottom and placed the chicken in the pan on the stove. I proceeded to cook the chicken on the stove top for 4 minutes on each side, then placed the pan in the oven and let the chicken finish cooking. It took my chicken about 8 minutes in the oven to finish.
While the chicken is cooking, I prepared the green beans. I used fresh green beans which I boiled in a pot on the stove top until they were slightly tender with a bit of crisp still left in them and then dumped them into cold water to stop the cooking process. While the beans are boiling, I finely chopped three cloves of garlic. I then used another pan on the stove with some melted butter and a small bit of oil and tossed in the beans and the garlic and stirred them around making sure to coat the beans well in butter and garlic.
The meal tasted great. I don’t think I would change anything about the dishes unless I wanted to experiment with different stuffing ingredients. But I liked it the way it turned out.
I was also going to serve baked sweet potatoes with the meal, but the local grocery store apparently does not stock sweet potatoes so I had to nix the idea. I’ll have to make them some other time when I can get to a store that doesn’t fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment