Monday, March 28, 2011

Philly Cheese Steak Pizza


I had a steak left in the freezer and wanted to use it up, so I decided to make a Philly Cheese Steak pizza with it. I used a Chef Boyardee pizza kit for the crust and the sauce. While the dough was rising, I sliced the steak and a green pepper and an onion and sauteed them in a pan. When the dough was done, I flattened it out on a oiled 12 inch pizza pan and covered it in sauce. I then put down most of the cheese. The cheese I used was a blend of several different cheeses including Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan, and Romano. I then put down the steak, peppers, and onions and put a second smaller layer of cheese on top. I cooked it at 375 until the cheese browned some. 
If I did it again, I would want to find a thicker crust (Personal preference, I like thick crust pizzas.) Other than that, I think the pizza turned out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment