Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Gourmet Grilled Cheese: ep. #4


One staple lunch time meal a lot of people eat is soup and a sandwich. This weeks grilled cheese takes that concept and puts the soup ON a sandwich! I present to you this weeks Gourmet Grilled Cheese, the French Onion Sandwich.

What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup Onions, cut into large pieces
- Oil
- 1 Beef Bullion Cube
- Hot Water
- Gruyere Cheese
- Swiss Cheese
- French  Bread

To make the French Onion filling:
1. Put the onions into a pan, over medium heat, with a little bit of oil to start caramelizing. 
2. Put the Bullion Cube into a small container (I used a coffee mug) and add hot water just till the cube is covered.
3. Let the cube dissolve and then add the liquid to the onions.
4. Let the liquid reduce and the onions caramelize. There should be virtually no liquid left when it's done.
5. Add the onions to your sandwich and grill it up!

When I took the first bite of this sandwich, I just had to smile. It turned out exactly as I had hoped. It tastes just like French Onion Soup without all the broth. The onion mixture, Gruyere and Swiss cheese combination, and the crispy bread bring the whole sensation home.




I'm sorry that I haven't brought you a new cupcake yet. Things are starting to get a little hectic around my apartment, as I am going to be moving out at the end of the month. I'm going to try to make some time to make cupcakes tomorrow, but it might just have to wait for the weekend. They will be coming! I have some fun and delicious ideas that I'm dying to try, I just need to find the time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment