Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Gourmet Grilled Cheese: ep. #2


I'm sorry for not getting a Grilled Cheese to you last Wednesday. It was a hectic week and I just didn't get around to it. I'm back this week though with a good one!

- Granny Smith Apple
- Smokey Sharp Cheddar
- Whole Wheat Bread

Apples and cheese go together almost as well as peanut-butter and jelly. So, why wouldn't they do well on a grilled sandwich? Let's give it a try!

I've recently switched to a smokey sharp cheddar cheese as my go to fruit cheese, so I felt it was required for this sandwich. I was in the mood for a something a little more tart, hence the Granny Smith Apple. Feel free to try it out with other apples if you would like something sweeter.

When I took the first bite of this grilled cheese, it instantly had a place on my favorites list. Everything meshed very well together. I couldn't have been happier with the results. This will be a frequent lunch in the weeks to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment