Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hawaiian Burger


Sorry I haven't posted anything in a little while, I was busy last week taking some classes to learn how to ride a motorcycle! I didn't fall over or run into anyone, so I think I did pretty well. Anyway, I'm back with a not dessert food like I promised!

The Hawaiian Burger makes a great summer time meal for the grill.When I came across the recipe for this sauce, I thought that it looked interesting. I pretty much want to try anything that incorporates fruit into a meal, so I decided to give it a go. I'll be honest though, while I thought it looked interesting, I didn't think I would I would like it as much as I did. This burger was fantastic. It easily shot up the ranks to be one of my favorites. The combination of all the parts of the burger, the pineapple, the cheese, the beef, and the teriyaki sauce melded together so well to create just the right amounts of sweet, salty, and savory.

Here's how you make it:

Ingredients:
Teriyaki sauce:
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- Juice of 1/4 Fresh Orange
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Cornstarch; dissolved in 1 Tbsp Water
- Dash of Ground Ginger

Burger:
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 can Pineapple; Sliced and Drained
- Havarti Cheese
- Sesame Buns
- Salt and Pepper to taste


Directions:
1. Season ground beef with salt and pepper.
2. Shape ground beef into thick patties and set aside at room temp.
3. In a medium saucepan, whisk together all ingredients for teriyaki sauce.
4. Cook on medium heat, stirring continuously, until it just starts to boil.
5. Remove sauce from the heat and set aside.
6. Grill the beef patties.
7. When the patties are almost done, grill the pineapple slices until nice grill marks appear.
8. Assemble the burger. Be sure to use enough sauce, it's what makes this burger great!

No comments:

Post a Comment