Thursday, July 19, 2012

Chocolate Cake Batter Milkshake



My favorite part about making a cake is licking the bowl clean. If you are one of my cake batter craving comrades, then I have one of the greatest treats to grace your taste buds! I give you the Chocolate Cake Batter Milkshake!

When I found this idea, there was no hesitation in deciding that I needed to make this. I couldn't wait to get off of work and go to the store to pick up the ingredients so I could make this great dessert. I won't lie to you; I was slightly afraid that this beverage wouldn't live up to the expectations of how delicious I thought it was going to be, but my fears were unfounded. This has become my new favorite dessert drink. It's everything you'd expect from it's namesake.

Here's how to do it:

Ingredients
- 1 cup Milk (I used 2%)
- 1 large scoop Ice Cream (You can use whatever flavor you'd like. I used chocolate chip cookie dough.)
- 1/2 cup Boxed Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 2 Tbsp Chocolate Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Whipped Topping (Optional)
- Chocolate Sprinkles for garnish (Optional)

Directions
Combine milk, ice cream, cake mix, chocolate syrup, and vanilla in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.

Optionally, before serving, garnish the milkshake with whipped topping, sprinkles, a drizzle of chocolate syrup or peanut butter as desired. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment